10.26.2013

nothing going on

My meditation practice has been lacking a lot lately. I am not going to let this "get" to me, however. I can remember other times when this was a problem and I would beat myself up a lot about it. When one takes a step back, it's not healthy to take two more steps back as a punishment. That's just silly. As for why I am not able to sit as much as I used to, it's really a combination of a few things. Firstly, I am living two states away from where I was just a few weeks ago. Secondly, I have been sort of falling off for a while now. So, I have to say that this break and my recognition of it is probably a really good thing for me. It's not as though I have become some kind of a loser over night and now I have woken up in a world where I'm just a pathetic shadow of my former self. I have come to a new place and I am proud of myself for seeing what has happened in the intervening time. That is not really something that is easy to do. A lot of people I know really let themselves go and don't really see what is happening. It's a good thing for me to be able to notice what is going on in my life. The most important thing is that I am not attaching more stuff on top of the reality. I'm not adding a bunch of useless fiction to the facts. It's not as though I am saying to myself, "I must have done something wrong somewhere along the way to be in the position I'm in now. Let's sit down and chase that story-line for a few hours or so."


love always,
Samuel

No comments:

Post a Comment