3.16.2012

right view

"When, friends, a noble disciple understands the unwholesome, the root of the unwholesome, the wholesome, and the root of the wholesome, in that way he is one of right view, whose view is straight, who has perfect confidence in the Dhamma, and has arrived at this true Dhamma."
--taken from The Sammaditthi Sutta.

Starting shortly before my bike ride and extending about an hour afterward, I have been thinking of the phrase, "Nothing ever done well was done through anger." I thought that this pointed to something true about life. When talking about things that are done really well, it is important to consider the causes and conditions that contribute to those actions. So, when I read the above quote from the Sammaditthi Sutta, I had a little more of a context for what I was thinking about.


love always,
Samuel

No comments:

Post a Comment