3.16.2012

riding

I did end up going for another early bike ride yesterday. However, the fog was not as cool. I suppose that is the way that things go.

I have been trying to work on some of my own music lately. The process is really time consuming and there is not a lot of room for mistakes. This is a new situation for me. I usually have something of a completely different outlook on making sounds. Lately, the process has been starting with something that is very small, like a 4sec. keyboard sample. Then, I edit, loop, stretch, mix, produce, and repeat the process until there is a lot more stuff going on. I might add a little bit more using other instruments and such. This takes a few hours. And if it turns out different from the way I wanted it to, there is a serious amount of adjustment that has to go on before I can really get a finished product that I am happy with.

Fish

I am going to keep working on more, but I am sure that it is going to take a lot more time than making music has in the past. I am pretty sure that this is a good thing, but only time will tell if that's true. I think that the finished product has been worth it so far.


love always,
Samuel

No comments:

Post a Comment