9.13.2012

conspiracy- a lesson of intention

I have been thinking about the idea of conspiracy for a little bit now. It is not something that is incredibly important to me. It is not something that I would consider among the most important subjects that I spend a great deal of time thinking about. It is not even among the peripheral subject about which I have been known to be passionate from time to time. So, I thought that it would be the perfect subject for a blog post.

I for one am a fan of the conspiracy theory. That particular manner of investigating something based on what you can see in your little world and reflecting it off of the greater world at large is, to me, something to be valued a lot more than it currently is in our society. There I just did it. I just invented a conspiracy theory. All I have to do is add a little bit of intent to the previous statements, give the story a "villain" and go about testing the theory that there is an entity or a group of entities who go about acting to rid the world of all passive investigation of the world through the observation of the movements of information.

What have I really done here?  All I have done is mess around with the assumption of intentions.  It is a projection of motivation based on observable actions.  This kind of thing happens a lot in our personal life.  I don't know how many times I have seen another questioning somebody about their actions.  The worst is when an assumption is implied in the question, as in "Why did you slam that door?"  What if the door wasn't slammed?  What is meant by slammed?  If it was only shut quickly, making some noise, why would a question be necessary considering the plethora of reasons for a door to be shut?

I suppose that what I am trying to get at here is that when one starts to question motives and intentions of large entities like governments and corporations in the form of a conspiracy theory, it is a small step to a genuine attempt at objectively analyzing assumptions, motivation, and intention in our personal lives.  If we could only start to turn that investigation towards ourselves, I think that great steps toward a peaceful manner of interacting with others can begin.


love always,
Samuel

No comments:

Post a Comment