3.23.2015

challenging heat

I tried to get out my older projects and work on them yesterday.  I used to do a lot of musical composition using what would probably be termed "alternative" methods of creating music.  It has been nearly ten years since I have made an attempt to engage these kinds of writing tools.  Much of what I developed was simply a process, a method of composing that operated much like a program.  I would basically invent the process, engage it, and then perform or record the result.  Many times, I didn't get to the third part- the performance.  Hoping that I could gain some insight into a new way of doing things, I had planned to pull out my sheet music and devices used for the creation of composition, perform or record these pieces using new technology I have acquired in the 10+ years since writing them.


love always,
Samuel

No comments:

Post a Comment